Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Letter to Bishop Mark Hanson

This one is a little shorter than the letter I wrote to Carlos Pena. I feel sure that Bishop Hanson does not need to be burdened with more reading, but I have to think that he would appreciate a word of encouragement.

Bishop Mark Hanson
Office of the Presiding Bishop
8765 W. Higgins Road
Chicago, IL 60631

June 10, 2010

Dear Bishop Hanson,

I am writing to thank you for your leadership of our ELCA through the difficult times that have followed the 2009 Churchwide Assembly decisions concerning human sexuality and the rostering of same-sex partnered clergy.

I believe that the ELCA has done the right thing and I continue in my support of our church body.

Please know that I hold you and all of our ELCA leaders in my prayers. God bless you.

Sincerely,



Rev. Brant Clements

No comments:

Post a Comment